Unit Two, Quiz 1
Directions: Copy and paste into your email window. Then In the following sentences place single parentheses (… ) around the subject, double parentheses ((… ))around the verb, and triple parentheses (((… ))) around the complement. (Type in the subject in CAPITAL LETTERS if it is the subject of an imperative sentence.)
1. The tenors are not singing on key.
2. The four of us strongly disapprove of his actions.
3. During his vacation,Murgatroid visited England, France, Italy, and Germany.
4. Most of the roads are covered with ice and snow.
5. Living alone is often a depressing experience.
6. Most importantly, reread all your work carefully.
7. After saying goodnight to our host, we left the party.
8. Do you know him well?
9. His earliest attempt at composing music was the ballad.
10. Each of you must be aware of the dangers of smoking.
11. The pyramid emits a mysterious sort of power.
12. Knock before entering.
13. After leaving the opera, Igor escorted Prunella home.
14. Cyrus McCormick was born in Rockbridge County, Virginia, in 1809.
15. The McCormick reaper revolutionized agriculture.
Consult the Unit One lesson for further study if you scored less than 80% on this exercise.
USE YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON TO RETURN TO MAIN MENU.
Be sure to email your teacher if you have any questions.