Las Cruces Soccer Referee Association Board Meeting February 12, 2003
Las Cruces High School, B Wing, Room 12.
BOD members present were Gina Martinez, Bill Lindemann, Gary Manley, Rick Hendricks, Andy Bristol, Jose Diosdado
President Gina Martinez called the meeting to order at 1825 hours.
There was a general discussion of contract between LCSRA and High Noon. It was decided that tournament issues need to be addressed before TWET, especially as relates to field coordinators, which need to vary from tournament to tournament as mutually agreed upon. Lindemann will circulate proposed revisions to current contract among the board. We will try to have a proposal to High Noon by June.
Las Cruces Soccer Referee Association General Meeting February 12, 2003
Room Las Cruces High School, B Wing, Room 12
President Martinez called the meeting to order at 1900 hours.
A motion to accept the minutes of the previous meeting (January 11, 2003) was made by Joe Fleming and seconded by Monte Wellborn. The motion passed on a voice vote.
Diosdado gave the treasurer’s report:
Starting income $1250.75
Kinko’s (referee game cards) - 38.76
State Public Regulation Comm. - 10.00
NMSRA - 328.76
Total $ 921.99
Income from HNSL (includes $280.00) $3180.00
Minus referee payments $2793.00
Total in bank $1310.99
CD $ 3098.59
Total available $ 4409.58
Trey O’Donnell moved acceptance of the treasurer's report and Allan Jackson seconded. The motion passed on a voice vote.
Bristol stressed the need to put name and number of referee and assistants in report.
The training was split; Manley took G11s; Lindemann took G9s and below.
Lindemann went over observations from assessors, trainers, and experienced.
1) teach, especially the younger kids, about the game; avoid cards with U10s
2) show up on time; all referees on the crew should be there thirty minutes for the game
3) start games on time
4) have your uniform complete when you check in the players
5) if you are going to wear a hat, make it black in possible, dark blue or brown if black not available
6) cold weather gear must be black
7) sunglasses are not allowed
8) U6/U8 must now have black socks to go with shirt; dark shoes if possible
9) do not make negative comments about your colleagues
10) do not make comments about the center referee behind the ARs back or talk to AR; if you are a spectator do not wear your uniform; if you are a coach do not go after your colleagues; inform the LCSRA board if this happens
11) club lines can only judge balls in or out of touch
12) once the ball is placed on a goal kick, it cannot be moved; officially this is a yellow card for delay, but you should make your judgment depending on the level of play
13) you cannot rescind the card if play has resumed; if the card was given in error, you must write that in the report
14) on ball out of bounds the AR must continue to hold his flag if the referee misses it because the play is dead
15) ARs must face the field; sidestep if play is right in front
16) rarely call advantage in the defensive half of the field
Tom Duttle talked on one-sided game and responsibility of referee.
1) in tournament pool play where points are important you must allow the dominant team to play and protect them against loosing team’s reckless fouls
Bristol said only one AR was missed so far. Schedule through April will be made so conflicts need to be reported. Paychecks are only for first two weeks. Game reports need to be submitted in a timely fashion, preferably Saturday night after your games.
Monty Wellborn reported that High Noon will have a 3v3 tournament in June.
Martin Carrillo reported that adult schedule is done for the whole season.
Noel Cisneros won the door prize blue extra large
Allan Jackson moved to adjourn and Joe Fleming seconded. The motion passed by voice vote and the meeting adjourned at 19:30
Rick Hendricks, Secretary
February 19, 2003