Is there something missing from this page? Please email Support with information (and links, if you have them) about what's great about where you live. Sports leagues, Special events, Community Organizations - You name it!
Welcome to Las Cruces, New Mexico! Located at the foot of the Organ Mountains, not too far from El Paso, Texas and Mexico. Las Cruces is the County Seat for Dona Ana County. There are tons of community resources to benefit from, here some highlights:
Check out the weather in Las Cruces!
If you need Medical attention, you will find lots of helpful information at Memorial Medical Center of Las Cruces.
New Mexico State University home to more than 15,000 Aggies is located at southern end of Las Cruces, near the interesection of I-10 and I-25. The Pan American Center is located on campus, and hosts many events suchs as Aggies Basketball, Volleyball and Concerts to name a few. You can call the Ticket Office at (505) 646-1420 to see what is up and coming. Located at the Southwestern portion of the campus is New Mexico State University - Dona Anna Branch, a full functional Community College.
Find out the latest news in Las Cruces check out Las Cruces Sun News
If you are looking for a good book, or need to do a little research check out:
New Mexico State University Library located on the NMSU campus. (505) 646-2932
The Branigan Memorial Library located at 200 E. Picacho Ave. (505) 528-4000
Las Cruces is rich in Local and National history. You can find a very detailed list of Historical Sites Here!One of the most striking Historical Landmarks in Las Cruces is Old Mesilla, the original settlement located on the Rio Grande River.
Looking for Musuems and Art galleris? Las Cruces is very accomodating:
Las Cruces is also home to the Performing Arts. Take a Look!
- Mesilla Valley Fine Arts Gallery, southwest contemporary art including 25 local artists. Located at the Mesilla Valley Mall, 705 S. Telshor. (505) 522-2933
- NMSU Art Gallery, largest contemporary art gallery in south central New Mexico with 10 changing exhibits annually and a huge permanent collection. Home to over 1,800 19th century Mexican retablos. Located on campus, corner of University and Solano. (505) 646-2545
- The Cultural Complex - The Museums of the Cultural Complex located on the north end of the Downtown Mall, consist of the Las Cruces Museum of Fine Art & Culture, and theBranigan Cultural Center, which oversees the Bicentennial Log Cabin Museum.
- Historical Museum of Lawmen, collection of law enforcement memorabilia dating to the turn of the century. Located at the local Sheriffs Department, corner of Boutz and Marquess. (505) 525-1911
- Las Cruces Museum of Natural History, this museum, located in the southeast corner of the Mesilla Valley Mall, 705 S. Telshor, features live animals and plants of the Chihuahuan desert, hands-on science and natural history exhibits. Visiting shows include subjects from dinosaurs to the solar system. The Cenozoic Shop offers educational toys and gifts. (505) 522-3120
- New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum, this museum features the agricultural history, heritage and science of the state with emphasis on hands-on exhibits, such as blacksmithing, plowing, outdoor animal and plant life. Located 1.5 miles east of Telshor on University Avenue. (505) 522-4100
- NMSU Museum, rotating exhibits feature the social sciences, humanities, folk arts, and natural sciences of the southwest and northern Mexico. Located on campus, corner of University and Solano. (505) 646-3739
- Space Murals, Inc. Museum, a gigantic water tower mural and museum honor the U.S. space program. Gift shop, Astronaut Gallery and space artifacts. Located ten miles east of town, 12450 Highway 70 East. (505) 382-0977
- White Sands Missile Range Museum, see the origin of America's missile and space activity and the beginning of the nuclear age. See the Missile Park and weapons that won the Cold War and Operation Desert Storm. Enter the base at the Las Cruces gate, located 25 miles east of town on Highway 70, and inform the guard you are going to visit the museum or Missile Park. You must have current driver's license, car registration and proof of insurance to enter the gate. (505) 678-2250
If you are looking for something for your family to do, Las Cruces is the place to do it. Auto Racing, Camping & Hiking, Horseback Riding, Bowling, Roller Skating just to name a few. You can find out more about these activities Here!
Don't forget all the sports facilites, swimming pools, recreation centers, and public parks. You can find out more info Here! For more information on parks and sport facilities, contact the City of Las Cruces Parks Maintenance Department. (505) 541-2550
Of Course Golf is Excellent in Las Cruces:
- Las Cruces Country Club, open to the public, 2700 N. Main Street. (505) 526-8731
- New Mexico State University Golf Course, open to the public, located at the corner of University Avenue and Telshor Boulevard. (505) 646-3219 See course statistics and sponsersHere!
- Picacho Hills Country Club and Golf Course, private, has reciprocal agreement with other country clubs, 6861 Via Campestre. (505) 523-2556
Looking for More? Check out these links: